The documentary “Brooks – The City of 100 Hellos” explores how immigrants, refugees and temporary foreign workers from the local meat packing plant are changing and challenging the western cowboy city of Brooks, Alberta in Canada. It also explores the city’s 100 year history as it celebrates its centennial anniversary.
- Brooks – The City of 100 Hellos is airing on CTS Television’s Doc Side on March 1st 2014 at 9pm. Doc Side host Sharon Caddy will interview Brooks’ mayor Martin Shield.
It is also airing on OMNI TV in English, Tagalog and Mandarin and CBC’s Documentary Channel and across the United States on PBS in February 2014.
CM magazine recommends “Brooks – The City of 100 Hellos”.
Here is CM’s review of “Brooks – The City of 100 Hellos”:
Brooks – The City of 100 Hellos has been featured in these film festivals:
– 2013 “Brooks – The City of 100 Hellos” have been nominated for the The Golden Sheaf Awards at the Yorkton Film Festival in Saskatchewan under the “Multicultural” section. It will also air at the Yorkton Film Festival.
-The 2012 International Film Festival for Peace,Inspiration, and Equality in Jakarta, Indonesia
– 2012 Winnipeg Real to Reel Film Festival
– 2012 George Lindsey UNA Film Festival
– 2011 Ghangzhou, China International Film Festival
– 2011 Lucerne International Film Festival Showcase
– 2011 Commffest Global Community Festival
Brooks – The City of 100 Hellos has been the winner of the following awards:
– “New Comer – Award of Excellence” at the 2012 International Film Festival for Peace, Inspiration, and Equality in Jakarta, Indonesia
– “Best Educational Film” at the 2012 Alaska International Film Awards
– “2012 Golden Palm Award” for “The Documentary Film Competition” at The Mexico International Film Festival
– “2012 Royal Reel Award for the Documentary Competition” at The Canada International Film Festival in Vancouver
– “Honorable Mention Award: Best Documentary under 60 minutes” at the 2011, Commffest (Toronto) Global Community Festival in Toronto
– “Honorable Mention Award: Humanitarian Approach” at the 8th annual Montana, CINE International Film Festival